1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone have an Alamo bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luckie, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    Some of you may be familiar with the brand Alamo, a company based out of San Antonio that made amps and guitars late '50s to late '70s. Ever since buying an Amp-3 at a pawn shop I've fallen in love with the brand.
    IMG_1207.
    (Pic of said amp to give you something to look at) ;)
    I'm drawing up plans for a bass VI project, and I want to do it in the Alamo Titan Bass body shape. Problem is, I can't find a good picture/tracing of it anywhere. If anyone has such a bass, do you think you could help me out?
    I also would like to invite anyone with Alamo related pictures or stories to post, just to keep it interesting.

2. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
  3. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    I saw that thread, and extrapolating from photos may be my only option. But I figure at least one person on this forum must have an Alamo brand bass, sort of a fermi paradox type deal. :ninja:

4. I started playing steel guitar in the early 50's and my dad bought me a new Alamo steel guitar and amp in about 1950. I'm sorry to say that I don't have them anymore. I traded them in on a new Fender Double 8 steel and Fender Twin Amp in 1954 I live in San Antonio but never saw their manufacturing facility. Good luck on your quest.
    Rocky

5. johnnyangel69

johnnyangel69

Dec 28, 2012
    I have an Alamo Titan bass. It is semi hollow and very light weight. I believe it was originally red but the body was painted black (not too bad either). Very cool style and design; I particularly like the pickguard and body shape. As far as I can tell everything is original except for the string nut (a crude wooden one; looking for a good replacement). One of the tuners is missing the center flat head screw. Electronics work and the bass sounds great. In nice condition overall. These pics show the bridge ground wire on top of the the body which caused a crack in the pickguard. I removed the pickguard, glued the crack and have the bridge ground wire properly grounded now.
    IMG_4285-1_zps452575af.
    IMG_4286_zps82d6ef09.
    IMG_4287-1_zps584813fa.
    IMG_4290_zps3767aec7.
    IMG_4291_zps209c4c06.
    IMG_4294_zpsca9eccae.
    IMG_4295_zps5f08b1c9.
    IMG_4296_zps6aec4d0d.
    IMG_4297_zpsf156df66.
    IMG_4301-1_zps29195d40.

yodedude2 likes this.
  6. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

636465alamotitans_zps855153b0.

7. Man I'm lovin' these. If only there were a long scale option.

8. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

the ones i have are regular 34" scale.