Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have an AllParts Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone of us had an AllParts bass. I can order the parts from work alot less expensive than I would be able to get Warmoth parts. I'm interested in making a Jazz bass with:

*Maple neck
    *Rosewood board
    *pearl block's & cream binding
    *Alder body
    *3 tone s/b
    *Schaller tuning machines
    *BadAss II
    *Aguilar OBP-1
    *? Pickups

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The body of the bass pictured on my avatar is from AllParts and the neck is from Warmoth. I don't think that AllParts has necks with pearl block inlays and binding, but I could be wrong. My experience has been that their strongest suit is parts i.e. tuners, bridges, pickups (Bartolini's), screws and the like.

3. i have a 5 string P-bass being made from Allparts parts.. Alder body, maple neck & rosewood board. i just saw the unfinished body yesterday and it's pretty cool. a guy here in town uses Allparts stuff almost exclusively, and it's not bad... this P-bass has a custom 5 string Bartolini split p-bass pickup, and a syemour duncan MM5 in the bridge position. i only play passive, so it's gonna be wired with both pickups wide open, and only one volume knob to control both pickups.... probably about 3-4 weeks out from having it in my hands...

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yeah, they do offer the neck with block inlays & binding. Either a maple <font size=1>(dosen't specify if it's pearl or black blocks)</font> or rosewood w/pearl.