1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone have an AllParts Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone of us had an AllParts bass. I can order the parts from work alot less expensive than I would be able to get Warmoth parts. I'm interested in making a Jazz bass with:

*Maple neck
    *Rosewood board
    *pearl block's & cream binding
    *Alder body
    *3 tone s/b
    *Schaller tuning machines
    *BadAss II
    *Aguilar OBP-1
    *? Pickups

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    The body of the bass pictured on my avatar is from AllParts and the neck is from Warmoth. I don't think that AllParts has necks with pearl block inlays and binding, but I could be wrong. My experience has been that their strongest suit is parts i.e. tuners, bridges, pickups (Bartolini's), screws and the like.

3. i have a 5 string P-bass being made from Allparts parts.. Alder body, maple neck & rosewood board. i just saw the unfinished body yesterday and it's pretty cool. a guy here in town uses Allparts stuff almost exclusively, and it's not bad... this P-bass has a custom 5 string Bartolini split p-bass pickup, and a syemour duncan MM5 in the bridge position. i only play passive, so it's gonna be wired with both pickups wide open, and only one volume knob to control both pickups.... probably about 3-4 weeks out from having it in my hands...

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yeah, they do offer the neck with block inlays & binding. Either a maple <font size=1>(dosen't specify if it's pearl or black blocks)</font> or rosewood w/pearl.