Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have an X-Box?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by joke, Sep 11, 2002.

1. joke

joke

Sep 17, 2001
    Hey everyone

I was just wondering if any of you on here had an X-Box?

If you do, can you tell me if there is anything you dont like about it and some stuff that you do like about it?

Thanks in advance.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I have an XBox, and I think it's a pretty good system. I only have 2 games, Project Gotham Racing and Transworld Surf, but both games are amazing. If it were between that and a PS2, though, I'd go with the PS2. I keep the XBox at my girlfriend's house, while the PS2 stays in my room.

3. joke

joke

Sep 17, 2001
    Thanks

I was thinking about a PS2, but my big sister has one, so i thought it was pretty pointless us 2 having the same console.

Anyone else?

4. I had a friends' for about a week and think some of the games are great!

About my only complaints are the size of the controllers (but you can get smaller Japan market controllers) and the somewhat slow loading times on a couple of games.

Overall though it's a pretty nice gaming system.

5. The slow loading times aren't a big deal in my book. It's easily worth the wait for the awesome graphics. I'm a fan of the larger controllers, as well, since I have big hands...but as mentioned, you can get smaller controlers that are just as comfortable. Huge HUGE hard-drive in this puppy. I rip all of my cd's onto it so that I can listen to them in-game.

Now, it doesn't have as many games out as the PS2, because it hasn't been out there as long. Give it time, though. I like the PS2 as well...it's just lacking in my opinion. Besides, XBOX has Morrowind.

And that, was my useless post.

-Dave

6. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I got one. Its pretty cool. Just that they're no games since the last time I checked for games a few months ago. Maybe I should check and see whats out. Good graphics, good gameplay, multiplayer, its awesome. Only downside is that theyre no games of my interest out. But all that needs a little time until they come out.

7. My wife utterly surprised me with one for Father's Day this year.

Jaw dropping graphics
    Controllers that fit my big hands
    Hard drive for save games and music
    SSX: Tricky
    Halo
    Hunter: The Reckoning
    Dead or Alive 3
    That I can do some gaming from the comfort of the couch.
    My wife CAN and HAS whooped my ass hard in DoA 3 :)

Dislikes

Bulky
    Requires an addon so you can watch DVDs on it
    Nothing really, but I'm more of a PC gamer than a console guy.

Bottom line (mine)

If you like consoles, go Xbox -- it really does rock as a system. The forthcoming XBox Live should add a great new dimension to the system.

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    LOL XBOX IS HUGE LOL

oops sorry... wrong forums...

9. i don't think you fully appreciate just how HUGE the xbox is.

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    [img- experts agree, XBOX is huge -img]

LOL FYAD LOL

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    omg xbox suxors u afg teh ps2 is bomb

12. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I bought mine just to play "Amped". Best snowboarding game by far.

13. screw consoles-PC owns.:cool:

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I bought one two Saturdays ago, and finally completed Halo... awesome! Story and atmosphere aren't as good as HalfLife, but the graphics and combat are just incredible! Now, a console controller sucks compared to keyboard/mouse; I feel handicapped on foot... but it's OK for driving, and I must say that nothing beats running over aliens with the jeep!

My wife OK'd the purchase because Xbox cheaper than a PC, and we did not have a DVD player. There was a cool special promotion in effect when I got mine: buy Xbox and remote DVD controller, get a mail-in rebate for the price of the remote.

Looks like there's going to be a bunch of cool Xbox games coming out in time for Xmas... can't wait! In the meantime: what other games do y'all recommend?

15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Max Payne and Hunter:The Reckoning are two of the greatest shooters/action on XBox, IMO. I do love me some Project Gotham Racing. My friend rented some games last weekend...Mad Dash and some golf game to the effect of "extreme, full-contact golf". Both games were pretty fun for silly, mindless entertainment.

16. I've only got 2 games for my Xbox so far. Outlaw Golf and Morrowwind. My roommate in Hawaii had Halo so I never bought it, but plan to as soon as I get this whole unemployment thing over with (8 player multiplayer in Halo is the shiznitelbombsnap (sorry, Half Baked flashback there)).

Other games Ive tried...

SSX Tricky (cool snowboarding game)
    Hunter:The Reckoning (I grew tired of this one after about 10 minutes, many swear by it, though)
    Spiderman (not bad, but by no means a must own)
    Max Payne (I prefer Rockstar's other game GTA3 for PS2)
    and a few others unworthy of note.

PS2 does have a much larger game library, but the xbox games just seem to be a bit better and more fun to play in my opinion (I own both).

17. its way better than PS2, trust me. when XBox gets more games it will kill PS2. I have one and its so awesome. my friend has a PS2 which I actually played before the XBox and i thought the XBox would be lame because i thought PS2 was sorta lame...but actually I love the XBox. wonderful wonderful wonderful. and we also got the DVD remote for it, so we watch movies on it all the time, and we can listen to cd's from it aswell. its really cool!
    peace&plaid
    -shoonk
    p.s. if you get one, you HAVE to play HALO!!!!!!!!!

18. Yes, HALO is definetlry a great game. I got addictied to it when I baby sat a kid who has an Xbox. Played that game for nearly 6 hours.

I'm glad he was asleep.:D

Rock on
    Eric

19. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    everyone says xbox will be so great when some good games come out for it.

its been almost a year and people are still saying it.

ive got ps2 and gamecube and the xbox doesnt touch either of the two. The only interesting xbox games are already available for pc (and are way better on pc). ps2 is the best system on the market hands down. and besides, it's been online for almost a year now :p

20. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I have read many reviews that say Xbox is far superior to PS32 and gamecube is a joke. Well My bro bought one when they first came out, we beat Halo in 2 nights! awesome game.