1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone have any experience of ashton?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by insertusername, Oct 2, 2008.

1. title says it all

2. hills1234

hills1234

May 6, 2007
    NZ
    Lots of Ashton gear around in Aust. and NZ. Amps, basses, guitars, accessories. Marketed as "designed in australia" ... but manufactured goodness knows where. Cheap, entry-level stuff. I've heard one or two amps sound ok, but never had the pleasure of playing through any :rolleyes:

3. +1.

Entry level stuff. The sort thing you give to a 10 year old kid to get him/her interested in playing music and see how he/she treats (or beats the hell out of) it before you buy them some real gear. (or not)

4. Cheap entry level stuff. I played an ashton bass at an open mic night a while ago. It hit held tune and did the job. Not something I'd play by choice.

5. depends on what exactly. there was a nice neckthrough 5er at a music shop locally that was an aschton. played opretty damn well for 400 $au (and im sure you could talk the price down, that was just the tag).

not sure about their cabs, but i've heard that their 300w tube amp is just a rebadged something (cant remember the brand, but they were much more respectable than ashton).

try the stuff, no harm in that. some brands really limit themselves by marketing to parents buying their preteen kids gear. a very hard reputation to shake.