anyone have any experience with allparts bass bodies?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bon viesta, Jan 4, 2021.

1. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    i know i made a ruckus recently regarding telecaster bass necks, but sunburst finish jazz basses have been staring me in the eyes and i can’t get enough of em. particularly with the pickup covers. i see allparts has sunburst finish jazz bass bodies... how’s the look with them? i would love love love love some image examples if anyone has any. i’m wondering how their finish stands up against many a few alternatives if i need to move to another company.

and a message to the mods: i’m really sorry that i keep putting threads in the wrong channels!! i suspect this might fall victim to that again, and if it does i’ll try to learn from previous mistakes, as i think i’ve allotted enough to actually see what goes where from trial and error. but i’m quite predisposed to mindlessly putting my posts in general bass discussion... :confused:

shojii likes this.
  2. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    bumparoo

3. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    bumparoo number two... is there anybody... out there... come on do you get the reference?

4. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    The Allparts bodies I've had were fine. Nothing wrong with them. Comparable to Warmoth & USACG. Not sure what other information you are looking for?

bon viesta likes this.
  5. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    you’re absolutely right, it doesn’t seem i set up much of a question to be answered. well thank you for answering! this thread is a very lonely place, for reasons you mentioned.

6. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Unless you are looking for a specific color, the Allparts stuff is solid. I like the MIM Fender bodies too for the price. If you keep an eye on the Warmoth Showcase you can find some deals on pretty cool stuff they discount.

7. bon viesta

bon viesta

Dec 10, 2020
    i was peeking at their sunburst finish, and i’m wondering how it may hold up against various contemporaries. the examples i’ve seen have been very varied, some with yellow, some with orange, some with more red, some with less red, some with hard to see red.

8. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    You'll see variation even from the same brand, especially if it is a burst that has more than two colors. If you are looking for something particular, it's best to buy something with pictures of the actual body.

bon viesta likes this.
  9. I had bought this one second hand (from the classifieds I think) because I love cherry sunburst finishes.
    Screenshot_20210105-143511~2.png

The only issue I had with it when I went to assemble it was that the neck pocket was really small. The neck heel hangs over at least 3mm. I had to do significant sanding to get the heel into the pocket. I wouldn't have been concerned about it if it wasn't the fact that it was also an Allparts neck.

But the body is stunning though...

BnB

bon viesta likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021