anyone have any experiences with the line 6 bass POD ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by yoshi, Oct 8, 2002.

1. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    anyone have any experiences with it, just ones come up for (gb pounds)140, about $200 used.

also, whats it like effect wise and on the distorted front?
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    With all due respect . . .

For the love of God, please just do a site search. That very question has been asked no less than 100 times . . .
  3. When they first came out, everyone was going ape and paying big $$ for 'em.

Now you see lot's of them around on the used market for cheap. People are dumping them everywhere. That should tell you something.

Good studio tool
    Not so good live.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    They're OK. I sold mine.
  5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I tried a POD for a short while. IMO the amp simulations are OK, the effects section not. The overall sound to me was "not quite open", I could not get a decent clear sound out of it. Could be me, could be the box. I didn't buy it even though I had sort of decided to before trying it. Unusual for me to not fall for the GAS, for what it's worth. :)

I'm told the Bass POD Pro is better overall, better sound, less noise, etc. but I have not tried it.

Got the Roland V-Bass instead. Does all the POD does plus so much more, and with great sound. :D
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I liked mine so much that I returned it after 2 weeks...does that say anything?

That said, if you plan on using it for studio use, you may really like what it can do. For live applications or as an effects box, I wouldn't waste my money.
  7. I have a Bass Pod Pro and use it for both studio applications and live applications. I have to say that for the studio, it is really hard to beat. It is so nice to be able to take just the rack in and be able to dial up almost any sound that I want. Engineers absolutely love it as it makes their job so much easier and it speeds up the process for everyone. As far as live goes, I use the Pod Pro as the preamp and a Mackie poweramp for my power. I am completely satisfied with the tones that I am getting and have many friends that tour with this setup as well. The main reason that I use the Pod live is for the versatility in tones and amp simulations that can be achieved. The Pod is the perfect tool for those that use In-ears or just run direct. For you to be able to yank out the most out of the Pod, you'll need a FloorBoard which is about $250. I'm disappointed to see so many people that haven't enjoyed the Pod as much as I have.
    Check out; "Wrapped Around You" was recorded with my POD
  8. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I use mine for recording and for practicing w/ headphones.... it is great for those capabilities... I wouldn't use mine live, however I have plugged it into the board for jam sessions...

9. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    ...and I bought it from him. (It was my second POD, by the way :D )

I think alot of people around here know how pro-POD I am. I'm currently using two of them in my rig right now, one clean and one "dirty" w/effects, and send them to a rackmount mixer along with a direct signal. It's nice to give the soundguy at shows MY sound and not give him much room to f*** around with MY sound.

That being said, it has a steep learning curve. REAL steep. I still don't use the POD to it's full potential. And...I donno, the EQs on the POD tend to react...unrealisticly to my ear. Put the Bass full up and you get super mud. Put the Treble full up and get ready to blow your cabs horn. I'm honestly considering buying the Ampeg Billy Sheehan preamp and sending the signals from those to the PODs for cabinet emulation and then out to the PA.

I still love 'em, though. Greatest lil' box o' fun ever.
  10. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Two thumbs up for the Pro. I use mine 99% for live apps. I run the signal as follows:Bass Pod Pro>BBE>Xover(Hi-Lo)>QSC Stereo power amp>Hartke 4x10 top>EV 15 bottom. My fave model is the Acoustic 350. I have so many guys drooling on my rig, I NEED A SNEEZEGUARD!!!