Anyone have any Peavey combo sound issues?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by John Davis, Jan 25, 2002.

1. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Well, today at the battle of the bands tryouts, a bassist of another band offered to let me use his amp(bigger than mine) for the set. I thought it was a nice gesture, so I said "Sure." because my amp was still in the car and I wasn't in the mood to go get it( :rolleyes: ). This thing had almost no volume. It was some combo amp with a 15" driver, and I had it turned up on my bass and on the amp almost full blast and it still was nothing compared to my 50 Crate combo. Anyone ever have any issues with something similar?
  2. Was it a peavey tnt? If so I find they are quite loud for what they are. something like 160 W if I remember correctly but could be wrong.
  3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't a TNT combo.
  4. Hmmmmmm I dunno then although volume wise never really had any problems with peavey. But don't get me wrong I am not saying they are real loud amps either.
  5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    It was most likely the TKO, which was inferior to the TNT. (yes, it's possible)

I think it's even less watts, also.

It can't be the Combo 115, because that thing certainly cranks. :)
  6. gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    My guitar player gave me his TKO 115S to use and he told me that the amp was breaking up at volume. After some tracing I found out it was the blown Sheffield. I put one of my EV 15L's into it and no prob.
  7. DiegoMcgee

Oct 20, 2001
    Providence RI
    Gman, I just bought a tnt and I love
    Do you have passive pick-ups on
    your bass? If so, the passive/active
    switch may have been on active
    which with the passive pick-ups
    would cause a decrease in volume.
    Whenever possible, I try to avoid
    going on stage with an amp I'm not
    familiar with.