Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have Celtic design tattoos

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 2, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I will be going to the tatto parlor in about 3 weeks and again in December and just wanted to know if anyone has any celtic design . I am also seriously considering some Metallica type tattos. Thanks

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just curious. How does body mutilation fit into your seminary work?

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  4. MAJOR METAL

Most people have a hard time connecting the two, i look at it more as getting ear rings, that it is more decoration.I think it is more personal with me maybe i am trying to express parts on my personality.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm with eden boy on this one.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My ex g/f had a Celtic love knot tattooed on the right of her belly botton. I liked it!

7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have a Celtic armband and a Celtic Knot both on my upper right arm - don't have any good pics at the mo - but I can get some taken and post them!

The armband get's pareticularly stingy on the underside of your arm - which I guess is why you see a lot of incomplete (ie don't go all the way around) armbands!

8. That's true!

Wussies! :D

9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    My thoughts exactly!

One time, I had a young girl ask me if my barbed wire tattoo hurt (yeah, it goes all the way around ;) ). She told me she wanted to get some barbed wire around her arm, but only if it didn't hurt too bad. I found that kind of ironic. Anyone else?

MAJOR METAL -- If you're gonna get an armband, get an armband (all the way around). Honestly, the inside of my arm didn't hurt as bad as I thought it was going to. I always look at it like this: Once the guy (or girl) starts, it doesn't matter what it feels like. What are you gonna do, have them stop?

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I have a hard time beleiving that it can since it is condemned by Scripture, but I suppose that is for each person to decide. I'm afraid to say anything else for fear of opening a rather large can of worms.

11. MAJOR METAL

I believe it to be more of decorating the temple of the Holy Spirit then mutilation.

12. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    did you know that the Scriptures say that if a man rapes a woman, he has to give 100 silver shekels to her father, then marry her and NEVER divorce.

my balanced religious studies student status pwns you.

13. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Closer inspection and study of Scripture will show you otherwise, I'm afraid. :)

14. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

I just have to ask what that has to do with anything? Was it a plug that you "pwn" me in religious studies or are you trying to discredit the Bible?

15. MAJOR METAL

Howdy Ty

Could you let me know which book and ch to take a better look at. Thanks

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ty...I would guess that this isn't the place for arguing scripture. As you well know, different forms of Christianity interpret the Bible differently....some literally, some not. Anway, no matter what your beliefs, TB is not the place for religious arguments, as I believe MM alluded to earlier in the thread.

17. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I definitely agree--forgive me.

Anything from here on out needs to go to PM.

18. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Gawd, just cause i quoted you doesn't mean i was talking to you in particular.
    The world doesn't revolve around you, you know Ty :p

19. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Ahhhh... clip-art tattoos never go outta style, do they?
    :rolleyes:

If you're gonna get one, how 'bout something that means something to you?? And if you're posting about Celtic bands because you're great grandpa was 1/64th Scottish and haven't researched enough to know what those "celtic designs" mean...... fertheloveo'god don't get one.

It's kinda like wearing pre-worn jeans because everyone else does.. not because theres a rhyme or reason.

Yes I have tattoos - shuttin' up now.

20. odie

odie Supporting Member

Take the religous scripture to the lounge or ask that it be moved there.....OR.......take it to PM.

Thanx:bassist: