1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone have experience of the Hughes & Kettners Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sk8, Jun 11, 2007.

1. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I'm thinking primarily the 210. I've done a search and nothing came up.

Anyone got any opinions or could recommend a good 2x10 cab in the same price bracket (£300 - £500)

I was originally going to buy a 2x10 & 1x15 but wonder whether spending the money on one good cab now and saving my pennies for a similiary good 1x15 should i need it later on.

Only thinking about small to medium venues at the moment (A church mainly) and i will be using a HA3500 head.

My other reason for looking at the H&K is i'm thinking about getting a H&K head further down the line.

Thanks in advance :bassist:

2. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    I have a Hughes and Kettner head (BassBase 600), and it is first rate. No experience with the cabs. But, there was a hread here in the amps section regarding the Hughes & Kettner combo amps, and everyone seemed to love them. Do a search.

3. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Yeah - i've read the combo thread.

There is something about them that intrigues me and makes me want one :hyper:

Don't know why :confused:
    :D

4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    South Shore MA
    I owned a H&K BC410 for a few years. Great cab, voiced to be punchy down low (as opposed to the Aguilar 410 for example which punches kinda higher), handled the low B extremely well, and was able to keep the tone together at high volumes. Great horn too, not too obtrusive. The cab didn't seem to have much of a high mid/low treble gap that some other 410' s seem to have. Great for rock and old school oriented tones. The build quality is ridiculous - massively braced, the grille alone must weigh 20 lbs, good cast frame wizzer speakers. A tough cab.

BUT

It was extremely heavy and kinda clumsy to move.

5. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    the quantums are very light - the 2x10 21kg

6. Whoa! :eek: Since I played that head several years ago, I always wanted one, but still haven't managed... Great stuff!

H&K build quality is second to none IMHO. :bassist: Not cheap though.

7. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    that is the down side - the cost :(

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021