Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have experience with Lab.gruppen 1300C?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Frank Martin, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Hi!

I've been looking around for power-amps lately, mostly locally, but now I've seen this Lab.gruppen 1300C on eBay.de, and after reading all that the search here has brought up, it looks promising. Just what I want in a power-amp: low weight (8 kg!) yet high power (2x325W@8, 2x650W@4 and 2x800W@2 Ohms + bridgeable - thats way enough for me). :hyper:
    I dont really trust ebay or want to give out my card # online, but the seller looks good, 100% positive feedback with 76.
    And its only €400 (so far... still got 6 days, but I've seen another lab amp not selling, so this brand may be lesser know to other people - like it was for me till last week)

This looks too good to be true, so I ask: is there something bad I should know about it?
    Thanks!

2. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    *Bump*

The auction ends in five days, so please help!

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    We have an older Labgruppen amp in our band PA. Their amps are really top of the line. No problems what so ever. You cant go wrong with them. And they are made in Sweden as I am. ;)

4. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :D
    :cool:

looks like I'll have a power-amp after all... been searching for it since the beginning of this summer.

5. i guy i´ve been working with this summer told me he had a friend whos father were the guy who started LAB-gruppen and he was also the one with most of the ideas. he sold his part in the company(many many millions) some years ago but they still wanted him in the company ´cuz he had many smart ideas. don´t know if it´s true but it sounded funny. and they seem to make fine gear.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I don't have any first hand experience with these amps but they have a good reputation amoung the PA engineers I know. I think I remember reading a magazine article which did a shootout of lightweight amps with digital output sections and the La Grupen was one of them. From memory it stacked up pretty well, though I don't know if the one you're bidding on fits into this category

7. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    For you info (I often see strange spellings) Lab Gruppen meens "the Laboratory group" in Swedish. :)

8. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Thanks for all the replies, guys!
    It looks like I'm going for it
    :hyper:

And Jock, thanks, but I could guess that it meant that, I'm fairly good and intuitive with languages as I speak English, French and German besides my Hungarian, which is a very-very complex language (so much so that after Chinese, Hungarian is the second hardest-to-learn language...). And Gruppen means the same in German, too. But thanks.

The only things I'm thinking of is how to pull this whole eBay thing off - I dont really trust buying online and giving out my card #.... But ... thats the only way to get it...

9. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    As I said, too good to be true... :(
    Ebay has some problems with my card and didnt allow me to become a member, so I cant bid :bawl: