1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone have experience with these inlay decals?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MMcC, Apr 6, 2009.

1. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
  2. mrwink

mrwink

Apr 30, 2000
    Los Angeles area
    vinyls??? how long do you expect those to last? I can't imagine having stickers on the fretboard and expecting more than one night out of it.

3. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    I have no idea. That's why I asked, just in case somebody's used them and had them last more than one night. Have you?

4. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've tried the one made of vinyl it was total waste of money.

5. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    My son has had it on his SG guitar for over a year.
    You can email them & they will cut them to bass size

6. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
  7. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray

Feb 20, 2009
    Canada
    The add says "Visually very pleasing and satisfying". Just buy a roll of white electrical tape for the same effect :meh:

8. There is a fellow here on TB that has the crosses on his Carvin, I asked him about them and he said they were great.

9. Did you try and say this based on your experience or is it just a guess?
    I have inlay stickers (birds a la PRS guitars style) from http://stores.ebay.com/Jockomo-InlayStickers_Fret-Markers-Position-Marks_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ13090737QQftidZ1QQtZkm on my Schecter 8 string and I have no problem at all. I have a black zebra inlay sticker on my white SX jazz body, no problem. A Kokopello inlay sticker on my Aerodyne's 7th fret, no problem. All from the same Ebay'er. I'd like to hear your experience with those but it drives me sad when people makes comment without any first hand experience...:rollno:

10. thanks for the links guys...

11. I have had these on two of my basses for almost three years with many gigs under my belt and not one problem. One other point, If you remove these they leave no residue...Great product.http://www.inlaysticker.com/

12. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    I've had some that were actual abalone with adhesive. They were thick enough that when I bent a string it would catch. I had these on an acoustic guitar. However the link that MrM posted says they are very thin 0.007 thin. I don't think that I would put them on a guitar, but on a bass the strings are big enough that I wouldn't expect while bending a string it would get caught on it. Not that I bend strings much on bass anyway.

13. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    My oldest bass had paper-puncher-made self-adhesive red dots as C-dots stuck to the fingerboard. The dots are still there, slightly worn but still visible.