1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone have experince of Warwick Black Label strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lord Henry, May 15, 2006.

1. I'm going to be taking my bass in for a free setup in a week or so. As I want to get some new strings on it I figured that I'd pay for them at the time so that the bass can be restrung and set up at the same time. The place I got my bass from doesn't carry DR Fatbeams, which is what I'd intended to have (and actually I'm having trouble finding anywhere in London that carries DR), but they do have Warwick Black Label. These look like being right for me so I was wondering if you guys had any experience with them.

Incase it matters they will be going on my Music Man SUB 5.

Cheers

2. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    I have used both the Warwick Red Label and the Black label strings. In terms of quality they are very decent, especially the Red's. Basically they have a fair amount of punch and are pretty good as far as a slap tone is concerned.

The reds I found to be a very good budget string with the black labes providing a slightly richer sound with a bit more bassyness.

Overall a decent string but I am with you in the DR Fatbeam department, I got tired of the tone I was getting with the warwicks and set off on a little string quest and found DR at the end of it an I think I will be sticking there for a while

3. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    The Black labels are stiffer than DR, so you will probably have to do a little neck adjustment. But they sounds fine