1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone have extra old Mesa EQ slider caps??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rnilson, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rnilson

rnilson

Mar 8, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I got a Mesa Buster and I am totally digging it.
    It is missing 2 of the old block style slider caps for the eq section. Does any one know where I can get some? I called Mesa and they only have the newer ones with rounded edges, and the want $3.00 for one. Being weird I would want to replace them all if I went to the new ones. I would rather just replace the two with original caps.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

If the old ones are not available then your only choice is the new ones. $3 a pop isn't all that bad.

Paul

3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Tell you what...if you buy new ones, I'll buy your old ones.
    My singer somehow knocked one of mine off. :(

4. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    Incidentally, they're not capacitors, they are linear potentiometers. Just in case you need to talk to someone when ordering, it might cause less confusion if you use the terminology they expect to hear. :)

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

The OP is talking about the knobs that fit on the sliders of the EQ pots not the whole pot.

6. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I think "caps" is in this case is referring to the molded plastic top hat atop the metal shaft on the slider/linear potentiometer. Its a little tiny plastic chunk that pops on/off the eq slider toooooo easily.

or I typed this really slowly and what one post up says too...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021