Anyone have info on the new Bass 750x

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GrooveDude, Feb 18, 2002.

1. All I know is that it has a subwave effect on it. But compared to the old bass 750 it looks a lot different in the eq section

heres the 750x compared to the 750

look at how different it looks.....I do belive I'm going to get the new one instead of the old one....basically I can get it for the same price, so why not have the extra features

I still want some more info on it.....BTW it looks even cooler then it's little brother!
  2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    is SWR going to start changing how their stuff looks every 2 years or something? they're bass amps, not cars for god sakes!

i'd rather see them work on somehow hybriding the SM900 and interstellar overdrive in a 3 rackspace head. just insert the section of the IOD from the input (but put a gain knob this time - or maybe two inputs with seperate gain knobs and an a/b switch) to the EQ, then everything after that is stock SM900. (or maybe a super hi-fi all tube 400 W power section.)

god that amp would OWN. but i guess the money isn't in that - it's putting gimmicks in their cheaper amps to appeal to people who think they need such things.

that said - at least we know the 750x will have a useable clean sound, can't say as much for the mobass.

3. that is so true.....a friend of mine has the Mo''s......well.......ugly, large, usleless, and muddy!!

As for the cosmetic change......{sarcasm voice activated} Geez, why dont they take after Ford, and get a contract with Harley Davidson and put some logos on it. I think that would help them out. {Sarcasm voice deactivated}
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I have been looking at the 750x myself.

It looks pretty stylin'. I have been thinking about pairing it up with two 8 ohm Goliath Jr. cabs.

The whole rig could be bought brand new from MF for about $2200.
  5. yeah I actually am going to pair it with a Goliath III, and a Big Ben. That will be so loud it's not even funny!!
  6. It looks interesting, but it seems to me that SWR is starting to get too gimmicky. They used to be the standard by which all bass amplification systems were measured, and now with an influx of new competitors, it seems they are going toward effects in order to differentiate themselves from the competition(?)

And everything changes looks every few years. I still have all swr stuff and nowadays it's ebcome hard to "match up" the look of cabinets.

I had been considering the trading up my SM-400s for a 750, but I might hold out for Aguilar's DB750 head. It's no wonder people are gravitating towards this brand - simple, look great and most importantly, they sound great. Maybe even better than SWR if I say so myself.
  7. I'm just going with the flow