1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone have info or a link where I can find a tort pickguard for a short scale SX?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Get_da_funk_Out, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    I've been looking online with no luck. I have a SX vintage series short scale jazz that's my pro-tools bass. I've been looking for a tort pickguard for it. No luck from Rondo music. Anyone know where I can get one online? Thanks!

2. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Try here:

Pickguards

You may have to send them a tracing of your current pickguard since their pre-cut selection likely won't match yours exactly. In any case, their off-the-shelf stuff is good, so I expect their custom jobs will be good as well.

3. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Generally SX pickguards don't even fit SX basses without a bunch of filing etc.

You have to get a exact copy of your old one at one of the online custom pickguard places.

I get all my SX pickguards here:

Pickguardian Custom Pickguards

It happens to be a shop local to me, but it's online too. You send Tony your old pickguard and he has a setup to make an exact copy in whatever you want. For Tort you just say tort, but if you want to ponder what to get he'll send you a bunch of samples to hold up to your bass. So you send in one pickguard and get back two.

IMHO a Tort pickguard in place of the usual SX white or black really makes the bass look terrific. Which reminds me, I've got to get over there to drop off the pickguard from my new SX 6 string for a Tort one now that he's back from vacation.