1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone have one of those weeks that just makes you want to vomit?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ras1983, Apr 8, 2006.

1. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    this week has been horrendous as far as my playing goes. i am having quite a tough time adjusting to the 5th string, uni and work are eating into my practice time and i seem to be going backwards. usually i have a week off, but this time i want to keep going because now i see it as a challenge that i have to overcome.

anyone else have weeks like this?:meh: :rollno:

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Usually not the whole week.

But then again, since Friday I've had a fever and my abs have been killing me because on Thursday I was doin sprints with my pole (pole vaulter) and it was absolute rape on them...didn't think the soreness would be this bad.

Anyways, I've thought enough times in theese past 2 days that I was gonna vomit...

3. hey! i get that feeling when my drummer can't count in in time! :help: :ninja:

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I did vomit this week. I randomly got ridiculously sick. So, yes.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Hmm..about every other week.

6. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    i thought i had it bad!:eek:

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, but I'm about to.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have had my moments, but not for an entire week.

Well, maybe back in my drinking days...........

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Are you a music major at uni?

10. I just moved to a new place and got stuck with a week of playing in a very bad sound environment. the ambience and the Acoustics were terrible making it hard to get the levels right when jamming to a CD on the Hi-fi. That and the fact I'm completely impoverished and have to live on 2 minute Noodles and Choc Chip Cookies for 2 weeks... Yuk'n'Chuck eh!

11. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    no, electronic engineering major. i'm studying music(bass) with a private teacher.

i have to put in a lot of time to do moderately well in engineering,and that's my chosen profession. music is something i am working on, its a profession in the construction phase.

i view engineering as the 'fallback' plan should i not be able to make it as a professional musician somewhere down the line, so i have to make sure i do well and pass everything.

12. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Yes. 6-day work week, more than my "fair" :rolleyes: share of dealing with the s*** sliding down hill, and I'm still going to get yelled at when I get into the paper in the morning, most likely, for having to cop about an hour and a half of overtime.

Corporate America is turning to the "understaff the workplace" trend. It just sucks.

Oh, and I think I may be out a couple hundred dollars, but we'll get back into that later this week.