Anyone have pics of Dr. Bass cabs??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Nov 20, 2004.

1. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    i want to see what these look like, i have an avatar 2x10 and im looking to put something under it, 2x12 or 1x15. im looking at avatar and dr. bass.

anyone else here run Dr. bass and avatar?
  2. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    Dr. Bass and Avatar use Eminence speakers. USA made bass technology at a fair price. Hence, they will both sound great! Difference in company cabinets boils down to cab design, coating, price and weight. Both companies are compatable in all areas except coating (and weight?). If I remember correctly from my past research, Dr. Bass cabs are a bit lighter. I definatley recall Dr. Bass having the edge in coating techgnology and looks. They use a Polymer coating much likened to a truck bed liner, which is almost bullet proof and looks awesome. So either cab company will get it done for you as far as sound. You only need to decide on look and maybe cab - size dimensions for your rig. Good luck....
  3. I had no idea the Dr. Bass cabs were lightweight and coated with that stuff. "No rat fur here" Even my eden has rat fur. That is pretty cool how the 210 cab is only 40 lbs. i like that little 12 too. they are so reasonably priced.
  4. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    yah, i really want to have a 2x12 rather than a 2x10. its almost like having a 1x15 and 2x10. i dont have the room to add another cab, i think....

thats why i would want to sell my 2x10 and get a bigger cab.

the only hard part is to ship the cab.
  5. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    he has 2x12s. give him a call to see whats available