Anyone Have Pics of the Purple Flake Flea Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Warwickluvr, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Warwickluvr

Dec 26, 2005
    I'd love you forever if you have some picks of that bass in that color, or any other modulus basses for that matter.

Also, are Modulus basses worth the price? I've never played one because none of the shops in my area carry them. I'm curious though, especially about how the material the necks are made of affects the sound.
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. get that thing a yellow pickguard and call it barney the dinosaur
  4. Modulus basses are excellent instruments. Extremely playable and very, very nice looking. The low end on the Moduli(?) I've tried has been very full and round without being muddy. The graphite makes them a little more hi-fi sounding, and if that isn't your thing, so it goes. Personally, I think they are absolutely worth the money, and it's definitely easy enough to find them well taken care of in the used market as well.
  5. if you want some idea of how the graphite necks affect their sound, check out a song or two of RHCP live. flea's bass tone is very apparent on Live In Hyde Park.
  6. Warwickluvr

Dec 26, 2005
    Sounds good. I'll check it out.

Modulus sound like something Id be into. I wish I had a dealer nearby......

For the record, isn't that Purple Finish the $exiest thing you've ever seen?