Anyone have the 411 on Melancon MB-4 basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Boomer, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Boomer

Sep 17, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    I was offered one in trade for some other gear and while I am familiar with Gerald's guitars, I have no clue about his basses. This one is a bit different than what is shown on his site as it has the Music Man bridge pickup and a Precision neck pickup.

I play classic rock and blues, no slapping or popping and I'd like to have James Jamerson's chops, but that ain't gonna happen!

Any info you guys have would be a great help.

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  3. Boomer

Sep 17, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    Come on! 40k+ members here and only one person has played a Melancon with no one owning one? Inconceivable!

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I played a couple of Malancon's Basses at this past summers NAMM show and was pretty impressed,they were well constructed and seem to be very versatile(to my ears)they played and felt very nice.the electronics were very clean and well balance(tone)and I played them out of a SWR Blond(model)amp.if you dont slap don't worry about it with this Bass(even tho it did have a very nice slap sound).I did spent a very decent amount of time playing these Basses and one of the main things that I look for in a Bass is versatlity,if you want a more warmer and thumpier sound it would be no problem with this Bass by adding a set of flats or half rounds.I personaly liked the two that I played and have to say that they are of top notch quality and I wished the best for Mr.G.