1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone have the Ampeg SVTDI??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nitro22888, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Nitro22888

Nitro22888

Aug 27, 2007
    I have been searching tirelessly for the Ampeg SVTDI, but it has recently become discontinued and I cannot find it anywhere! I have tried it before and it is perfect for my guitar rig. PLEASE HELP!

Colby

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    wasn't there one for sale in the classifieds here recently?

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Two of them, actually. Colby, that's where to look for gear here on TB, is in the classifieds.

4. Nitro22888

Nitro22888

Aug 27, 2007
    Oh, ok. I found those two you were referring to, but they have been sold already. It won't allow me to post anything in the classifieds section! Why is that?

5. hen I first glanced at this thread I read the title as "Anyone have the Ampeg STD??".

:D

6. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Not sure, but you need to be a supporting member to start a thread or sell something in the classifieds.

7. Nitro22888

Nitro22888

Aug 27, 2007
    I am serious though, if anyone can help me locate an available SVTDI I would greatly appreciate it!!!

8. Just curious, does this unit have a speaker sim in it?
    ie, if used with overdrive will it sound like a buzzsaw?

9. prestonm83

prestonm83

Jul 31, 2008
    Hey if you're still interested, I'm looking to sell my SVT DI. I love it and will probably regret it but I need something smaller to fly with. I have the cloth zipper case it came with and power cable. It's yours for $300 plus shipping. Let me know.

10. Preston, not trying to break balls or anything but offering to sell outside of the classified and without a supporting membership is a no-no around here.....

11. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    and it's his first post ever.........

12. Hadn't noticed that. Joined today, too.

13. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    uh oh...

14. i found mine after they had already been discontinued by googling it. somewhere, maybe 20 pages deep into the search, one popped up on the east coast sitting deep in the back of a tiny music shop.

maybe you could call ampeg directly, someone there must have one in their closet at home.

good luck. it's well worth the search IMO.

15. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    LOL...