Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have the new Tom Waits album, Real Gone?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DigMe, Oct 8, 2004.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was disappointed that Rhapsody hasn't gotten this album up for streaming as they pretty much have the rest of Waits' catalog up through Alice. Anyway...I read the review at allmusic.com and now I'm listening to their sound samples. Sounds typically fantastic! Anyone have it that can confirm?

brad cook

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I can confirm! It's excellent.

3. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Good C D
    Larry Taylor Kills.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, very cool, he really finds just the right spot in the song.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I also noticed that Claypool and Brain play on this one. I knew Les had played on one in the past but I don't know that Brain ever has.

brad cook

6. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    If Tom Waits doesn't make you drink booze - nobody will!

7. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I bought this album the day before it "came out" and I haven't stopped listening to it. I really love this album. It is as refreshing as any other Waits album, but I still think I prefer Alice...not by much though. As usual, Waits wondefully balances the sublime with the bizarre (in a very good way).

8. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    It's great! HOIST THAT RRRAAAGGGG!!!!!

9. Brain's played on a few tracks before this cd. Both on Bone Machine and Mule Variations. And Mr. Lalonde played guitar on track 1 o' the Variations. In fact, I'm pretty sure that song was Tom, all three hoodlums from Primus and a sax player...