Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone have their messages deleted or censored?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bass element, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just wondering if anyone here has been censored in the message baords or have had their messages deleted.

i have and i think its pretty lame cause we cant say what we fully want to say but i respect the rules so im not going to argue.

but i was just curious to see who else has been censored.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:eyebrow: :rolleyes:

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    We allow pretty much anything. If you can't say it without swearing, it's really not worth saying. If it's political, we have a payment plan that goes with it. If you don't like either, the door is in the upper right corner, the one with the "X" on it.

4. like i said, i agreed to the rules and respect them. the quotes i was censored on had nothing to do with politics or swearing.

needless to say i really enjoy this site and agreed to the rules for a reason.

i'm not complaining i just wanted to see who else was censored.

5. hahaha :D

wut is IBTL

6. I've Been To Louisiana

or

I Bit The Lady

Which ever applies to you.

7. how does that go with the picture?

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I have had profanity added to my posts by the moderators in the Rosin forum.

9. This picture is apparently John Edwards telling John Kerry that he has been to Louisiana. Some kind of voting thing...

10. I've had them edited a few times before. Once a moderator edited my post just to correct one of my own spelling mistakes. Slightly uncalled for IMO, but its nothing to get too worked up about.

11. You guys are overly self-concious. :smug:

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I highly doubt that the times you were censored did not involve swearing or politics. The only way Id believe that they didnt was if they were blatantly insulting of another TBer or just plain offensive.

I also highly doubt that you agree to the rules and accept them. Case in point, this thread.

Actions speak louder than words.

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    which post was censored?

14. I love how the moderators act very mature by posting their IBTL crap. Come on, you are a moderator. Show some maturity, isn't that how you got the job in the first place? Or did you just pay alot? Ridiculous, if you ask me.

15. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Which Mod said anything about IBTL?

16. Not necessarily this thread.

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    good point, sounds like some premature etypulation if you ask me

:D

Thread Status: