1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone have this multi-pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by splitcoilsenior, Oct 11, 2009.

1. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
  2. I have the BP-80 which is this unit but it has a expression pedal on it, and for a first pedal it works fine, the drum beats are varied enough to be useful, but the "speed" isn't in BPM, so you'll have to feel out what speed you want to play at.

It seems to be quite a lot of peoples first multi, it's serviceable and for it's price, does an admirable job.

3. Hyperfreak

Hyperfreak

Jul 29, 2009
    Chantilly, VA
    Independent Recording Artist
    Don't bother with a pedal drum machine. In my opinion, if your friend doesn't want to hold a groove by the book for once, then find another drummer. Alternatively, just use EZdrummer. The sound quality is high and the loops are alright.

Getting a drum loop pedal for your bass isn't worth it. But it as a multiFX, not as a drum machine.

4. Buy this for the effects, not the drum loops. It's got varied beats, but no BPM. Overall, a good introduction to bass pedals.

5. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    What should i buy for a drum machine then, im kinda poor

6. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    I use this exact pedal for the tuner & drum machine in the effects loop of an EBS Microbass 2 preamp.It's got 30 different drum beats in all speeds.For the money it's fine for home use.Just be carefull with it.It's not built very strong.

7. You can get a use Alesis, Yamaha etc for around the same price or less.
    The presets are decent and you can program in your own tracks.
    MM

8. I'm thinking of getting this as basically a combo Tuner/headphone amplifier.
    The Metronome and drum beat machine would aid in solo practice.

Am I on the right track, or should I look in another direction...

9. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    For the money, it's fine. Covers all the bases just about adequately, but does nothing really well.

10. at least get the bp200. you can find those things dirt cheap on the bay. just dont expect a decent whammy, (like i did) or any effect for that matter. and the 'drums' will make you lol.