Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone have this setup or try it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, Jun 20, 2004.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    how do you think a Bergantino NV610 used with a gallien krueger 1001rb-II head would sound? anyone try this combo out before? im thinking of buying this setup, and i play in a hardcore band. wanted to know peoples input on it. im considering it because i here the NV610 cuts through in the mix well and has good rid range. plus i here it can get a tone similar to at ampeg 8x10 cab which a lot of hardcore bands use (or most i think). im not to much into ampeg but wanted to be able to achieve a similar tone sometimes of some of the bassist in some of the bands i like. and i hear the NV610 is better sounding too. well any feedback on this setup would be much appreciated. thanks again.

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Never thought about it but I would think that would be a good set up. To me the nv cabs arent as power hungry as the ht cabs. I had a gk 800rb that I ran through a swr 610 with good luck but I switched to a trace head. Then I sold the swr and switched to the nv610. To my ears the nv610 had more of everything except the "clickyness". I would think the gk would work nice with both power and tone but look into a trace gp smx amp (ah600 or similar). So far the I like the tone of a trace amp with the nv610 the best. Hope that helped.

3. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    cool thats for the input. anyone else try out this seup before or use it? also does the NV610 have a quick response?

4. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    bump

5. I have the NV610 and love it. Although I never tried and GK amps I know lots of people use them. Why don't you call Jim Bergantino. I'm sure he can steer you in the right direction. If you get his voicemail he will get back to you, in fact he seems to prefer to talk to people rather than type.
    508-231-4500

6. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    cool thanks big string.