1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone have/try an Analogman Peppermint Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Apr 18, 2009.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Anyone ever try one of these? I really enjoy my Sun Face and was thinking i'd give one of these a shot too. Probably the dark model.

thoughts, comments?

2. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    I messed with one at a store in Nashville. It took a little to dial in a good sound, but when I found it it sounded pretty good. I couldn't really hear if there was low end loss cause there was a honky-tonk/rockabilly guitarist picking a billion notes at full volume in the next room most of the time I was there. It wasn't the dark model, it was the one with the peppermint swirl paint job.

3. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    just ordered a dark version today. i'll post a review and maybe some clips when i get it. i'm really excited :)

4. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Cool, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think. That one's always appealed to me, but I think more because it looks nice and I liked that strawberry alarm clocks song as a kid.

5. CliffD

CliffD Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    No experience with his peppermint, but I did order his standard chorus with the deep switch, hopefully it'll end my chorus search.

6. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    great pedal man. deep switch really does wonders. i really love analogman's pedals. i love my sun face :) i'm thinking about trying out his king of tone as well. looks like it could be a cool OD.

7. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    Peppermint?

8. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    it's a fuzz pedal analogman makes that's based off of 60's germanium "buzzy" fuzz pedals. different vibe than the sun face. great pedal.

9. Did you ever get a chance to post clips? I have a buddy with the non Dark version. I can probably borrow his to post some clips of that version. Thanks.

10. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    well TGP is the place for King of Tnes but they run at high prices. analogman obviously has em but for waits of up to 2+ years last i heard. i've never had an analogman product :(. soon soon soon...

11. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    So what! what! whats! the scenario! On this pedal.
    (I am not yelling I just have a Tribe Called Quest song stuck in my head, think I located the bass sample too :) )

I too have been drooling over this pedal. Well most pedals he makes! And now I am dropping some nar from the band I might even be able to hear this pedal! You know if I actually got one. I still might even have his mod my Fuzz Face to his specs and add the sun dial. Only if he can keep it in the case though. Hard decision because some days it sounds like pure butt. Other days...it blows me away.

Is there a wait on the Peppermint Fuzz?

12. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    no clips sorry man. i had it for a while, then got broke and had to sell it.

no wait on the peppermint fuzz. i bought one and received it a week later.

13. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    hmmm...:ninja:

14. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Any further comments on this? I love my Sun Face NKT 275 but would like something higher gain and darker... um. Well I think I just answered my own question, hmm?

15. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    I think you really need it nad!

...to make few clips :D

16. im still wondering what the lows are like on these..

anyone?

17. nad

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
  18. nad

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    I don't know about the Peppermint (yet), but if it is anything like the Sun Face, they will be the best I've ever heard. Huge and completely natural.

Sort of throws a wrench in the whole "I need a bass specific and/or clean blend" mentality toward fuzz really.

19. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    I've heard they are quite all right. You can also ask Analog Mike - he's excellent when it comes to customer service.

I'm also very curious about Peppermint, but I have two Sun Faces on the way :D

20. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I've read that Fuzz Faces and variants are not suited to bass.
    Are AnalogMike's designs straight clones?