Anyone hear Robertino Pagliari?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Funkengrooven, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Funkengrooven

Funkengrooven Turn it down? You gotta be nuts!!

This cat plays with Chris Poland and Kofi Baker (Gingers son) in a group called "Ohm" a west coast fusion type outfit.
    Robertino plays a six string fretless and is completely amazing.
    Yikes :bassist:
  2. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've heard him warm up a little bit with Ohm - they didn't play tho. Chris Poland was having a hissy fit and left the stage because either A) his gear wasn't working quite right, or B) the crowd wasn't big enough to make him happy.
  3. Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    Oh yeah, Pag is really cool, very distinct, organic tone and great technique ... He and Chris have been together forever, and Robbie's really developed his own voice, rooted in some hybrid of Jaco and Stanley, but still totally himself. And an incredibly nice guy also ... He's my vote for "Best fretless player most people have never heard of ...". I was trying to cop some of his lines, and even using a BT-1 to slow everything down, some of the stuff he does is just blazing ...

Take care,
  4. Funkengrooven

Funkengrooven Turn it down? You gotta be nuts!!

I yanked the frets outa one of my lesser desireable basses with the intent of coping some of his stuff...the easy stuff first, maybe only the easy stuff, the hard stuff is WAY over my head...
  5. Bass Odyssey

Bass Odyssey

Mar 9, 2006
    That's awfully strange. Anyway check him out on MySpace, I started a fan site and have since spoken to Pag (what a nice dude) who gave me permission to continue. I might be handing the reins over to his publicity peeps, either way there will be some new content soon to satisfy Pag fans.