Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone heard anything about the Essex 5 strings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OxhadokenxO, Aug 2, 2002.

1. I was dead set on a brand new Essex SJB-62 4 string but then I realized how many people are switching over to a 5 string and thought about getting one of those....Anyone know if the Essex BG-205 five string has just as good quality and sound as the BG-105 or SJB-62? I haven't heard a SINGLE yea or nea about the Five strings...Please help, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!

2. Someone has had to hear SOMETHING about them....or Five strings in general....is it a good idea to get a 5 even if I'm not sure I need all five strings right now? But the rest is like...the same right?

3. I can't say anything about the 5ers, but I have the SJB-62 and I love it! I just got an all maple P bass neck for it, and will be doing other customizations, but stock as it was, it blew me away. Granted, it's no Sadowsky, but a strong competitor for the MIM Fender Jazz.

But I can say, if the qualityof the 5er is equal to the 4s (and I don't see why it wouldn't be) you're in for a really nice bass.