Anyone heard of a JMF amp head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by coandca, May 18, 2007.

1. coandca

coandca

Jun 22, 2006
    Kansas City
    Hi, I'm buying a JMF Electronics 250 Watt Spectra Bass Head tomorrow for 100 Dollars. I found it on Craigslist. I figured its too good of a deal to pass up. So I was wondering if you guys have ever heard of the company or have used the head.

Heres the link:
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/msg/332938136.html

Thanks,
    Jimmy

2. coandca

coandca

Jun 22, 2006
    Kansas City
    Anyone?

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    I've never seen that one, it's a good looking head, that's about all I could tell you. If it works, it's certainly worth $100.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I did occasional warranty service for those guys back in the mid-80s, but I've never seen that model. Most of their stuff had an entry level vibe, but it sounded fine IMHO.

5. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Surprise, AZ
    I've got a JMF combo--150w into a 15". It sounds pretty good, but it is really HEAVY.
    It seems very solidly built. I took the head out and cleaned the pots etc--all very tidy. The only thing I know is that they were originally made in Salina (?) or Topeka KS. The company was eventually purchased by Ernie Ball (I think) in the mid-'80s.
    I think it's worth $100.

6. coandca

coandca

Jun 22, 2006
    Kansas City
    Thanks guys, I picked it up today. It sounds good for the price. They are made in Salina, KS. It is definitely worth the $100. Durring the summer, I will probably pick up a better head.