1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone heard of a Peavey Mod 215 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dheal@sympatico, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Is this cab worth looking at? I have tried google and can't find out much about it. Could this be the wrong model name? An old retired guy has one that he may have missread the name of? Not sure........lookn for help, thanks!

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  3. i agree with MOD being 'model'. from what i know, they made a few varities.

shallow version w/ stock speakers (about 14 inches deep)
    shallow version w/ black widows
    deep version w/ stock speakers (about 19 inches deep)
    deep version w/ black widows

most on this board rave about the deep version, especially with BWs. i have a shallow version and put in a couple eminence kappalite 3015s and it KILLS! it sounded good with the old black widows, but one blew and they were 40 years old. it is also much easier to transport being only 14 inches deep, especially after i put in some casters on the side for loading up in the truck.

also the awesome thing about these cabs is that they will blow a lot of other cabs out of the water for a fraction of the price.

4. I didn't know there were two versions. Mine is 14" deep with BlackWidows. Does that mean the 19" deep is the 215D? Whats mine?

5. correct, i dont know the official model number, mine just has a serial number. i would imagine it is just peavey 215. i think that they started making those when they were just "instrument cabs" in the 60s/70s. they were making both shallow and deep (215D) in the 70s/80s i believe, then just the deep ones from 70s/80s until the 90s or so, and then now.