1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone heard of a Pignose Bass Forty?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eaaa410, Apr 16, 2010.

1. eaaa410

eaaa410

Jun 20, 2008
    New Mexico
    The thread title says it all. Anyone ever heard of or even seen a Pignose Bass Forty half stack? It has a 40 watt head and a 15" cabinet. Thanks.

2. eaaa410

eaaa410

Jun 20, 2008
    New Mexico
    I picked this one up yesterday. It's a Pignose Bass Forty half stack. I can't find much info on it. What I gather is that is 40 watts with a 15" speaker, 8ohms, 2, inputs, line out, made in the USA. That's all I know other than it sounds good.
    photo-29.
    photo-28.

3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    so how does it sound?

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Lets see some pictures of the back of the amp?

5. eaaa410

eaaa410

Jun 20, 2008
    New Mexico
    I haven't really had a chance to run it through the paces, but it definitely has an old-school 70's solid state type of sound when turned up. I am going to try it out tonight at church.

6. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Now that i take a second look at it, it reminds me of the OLD Crates. From When Crates were ACTUALLY housed in crates. :D

7. narcopolo

narcopolo

Sep 12, 2005
    richmond, va
    it definitely looks cool. i wonder if that bad boy can keep up with those epiphone valve jr's . . .

8. eaaa410

eaaa410

Jun 20, 2008
    New Mexico
    It kept up with a mic'ed singer, keyboard, and acoustic guitar all through a PA ok. It should probably be ran DI also, but I did get a few compliments on the sound. The sound guy said he couldn't hear it, but my wife said she could hear it fine:eyebrow:. It was easily worth the money I paid anyway.

9. Joe.shaffer

Joe.shaffer

Nov 25, 2008
    Cabot, AR
    Yours is only the second one I've ever seen. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

10. eaaa410

eaaa410

Jun 20, 2008
    New Mexico
    I gave $100 for it to a high school kid on Craigslist who was trying to play in a Slayer cover band with it. I can't find any info on at all. I'm not sure of the actual wattage or age. There is a manufacturer plate on the back of the head that gives the serial number and Pignose address, that's it. I can't even find another picture of one.

11. Joe.shaffer

Joe.shaffer

Nov 25, 2008
    Cabot, AR
    Yeah, I doubt they made too many of them. I guess you could email pig nose and ask. A cool little rig either way.

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Is it transistor like an oversised B3 or tubes like a small Gorilla?

13. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo