Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone heard of Atrics basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
  2. What is the deal with the little bird on the headstock? :)
    For that price how could you go wrong?
    Dirk

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    The only thing that might concern me is that he's got 2 or 3 auctions using the exact same photos. He's selling several 6 strings of the same make that have a similar headstock but no bird (I kinda like the bird). I just don't trust auctions that don't show the ACTUAL instrument, but in this case it's not clear if he's using a "catalog" shot of the makers 5 string fretless.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=7304968469&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=92204&item=7305207531&rd=1

(check out the dust on the headstock photos. same in every photo)

Not sure if it's the same maker or not (some of his auctions don't list the brand name) but if the tuner placement on this guitar is indicative of the attention to detail I'd be worried...

[​IMG]

4. darthsmudge

darthsmudge

Jul 1, 2005
    I bought one of these from Ebay, the Atrics L-05, and at first it seemed fine, but after replacing the apalling strings on it with Rotosound flatwound strings, I found that the neck was seriously bowed. I took it to a music shop where they told me that these basses are likely branded stock that is faulty, has the name removed and then is sold cheap on ebay. Makes sense. Post if you have a positive experience with one of these.
    Now trying to get money back so I can go to a shop and buy a better bass.
    Cheap is not always good. For that price you can quite often go wrong, especially with ebay.

5. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut

That's too bad...the body on that one in the picture is nice...simple and understated.