1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone heard of dillion ? dillion ebo shortscale bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by giallos, Dec 29, 2002.

1. giallos

giallos

Dec 29, 2002
    has anybody heard of dillion basses , especialy dillion ebo shortscale bass
    thanks
    ron

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    they are very nice quality.

steve

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    moparpunk--Don't bother posting in Basses again if you are gonna post crap like I just got done deleting, got it?? Swearing, personal insults, etc. will not be tolerated. You've been around here long enough to know that.:rolleyes:

volumefiend--your post was also deleted. If you have something to add about the subject of the thread, post about that.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    sorry about that. i don't know what happened last night.

i have played alot of dillions and have never come across any bad necks or anything. the finish is done well. they sound good.
    and the prs g**tars, you can't even tell the difference a little bit away.
    they play both the same. but better pickups and hardware on the prs.(sometimes)
    you can't go wrong with a dillion.
    my local music store is a dillion dealer.

steve

5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I own a Dillion VMB 500-5 string (MusicMan style) bass. I also own a MusicMan StingRay5.
    The Dillion came first, then the MusicMan. That's why the Dillion is my back-up bass.
    The Dillion is a excellent bass. The quality is first rate, and I can't complain about it in anyway.
    I have made a couple of minor electronic mods to the Dillion to improve its versatility, but they were only minor in my opinion.
    You won't go wrong with the purchase of a VMB400 or VMB500-5 Dillion bass. I've never played any other Dillion instruments so I can't honestly express an opinion on them. But if they are anything like the models mentioned above, you'll be very happy.
    I see that John Dillion has introduced a new series called the "V-Series". Apparently these are being made in Vietnam, hence the name.
    One thing I like about Dillion is, that should you have any questions about the product, your emails are responded to directly by John Dillion who is extremely helpful.
    Good luck,
    Cheers.

http://www.dillionguitars.com/

6. What, no links?