Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone heard of dillion ? dillion ebo shortscale bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by giallos, Dec 29, 2002.

1. giallos

giallos

Dec 29, 2002
    has anybody heard of dillion basses , especialy dillion ebo shortscale bass
    thanks
    ron

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    they are very nice quality.

steve

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    moparpunk--Don't bother posting in Basses again if you are gonna post crap like I just got done deleting, got it?? Swearing, personal insults, etc. will not be tolerated. You've been around here long enough to know that.:rolleyes:

volumefiend--your post was also deleted. If you have something to add about the subject of the thread, post about that.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    sorry about that. i don't know what happened last night.

i have played alot of dillions and have never come across any bad necks or anything. the finish is done well. they sound good.
    and the prs g**tars, you can't even tell the difference a little bit away.
    they play both the same. but better pickups and hardware on the prs.(sometimes)
    you can't go wrong with a dillion.
    my local music store is a dillion dealer.

steve

5. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I own a Dillion VMB 500-5 string (MusicMan style) bass. I also own a MusicMan StingRay5.
    The Dillion came first, then the MusicMan. That's why the Dillion is my back-up bass.
    The Dillion is a excellent bass. The quality is first rate, and I can't complain about it in anyway.
    I have made a couple of minor electronic mods to the Dillion to improve its versatility, but they were only minor in my opinion.
    You won't go wrong with the purchase of a VMB400 or VMB500-5 Dillion bass. I've never played any other Dillion instruments so I can't honestly express an opinion on them. But if they are anything like the models mentioned above, you'll be very happy.
    I see that John Dillion has introduced a new series called the "V-Series". Apparently these are being made in Vietnam, hence the name.
    One thing I like about Dillion is, that should you have any questions about the product, your emails are responded to directly by John Dillion who is extremely helpful.
    Good luck,
    Cheers.

http://www.dillionguitars.com/