anyone heard of

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groovking, Nov 2, 2000.

1. their prices are so good im afraid to order from them, are they for real, they are in pa but i only seem to reach them thru e mail no fax response or telephone call backs, recorded message. whats up? example dbx 166xl new 219. furman pl plus pow conf 99.......????? any of you folk out there dealt with these people...let me know!
  2. A friend of mine got a Kustom guitar head from them. They had it on Ebay and he got it at a good price. When it came in the mail, it was not in a factory box. In fact, it was two boxes taped together. It took a week to get here because UPS returned it to JS Music for poor packaging. It was obviously a floor model, as it still had a price tag on it. When we opened the box, it worked well enough. After playing a few hours, a strange sound started showing up, kind of like the ocean. We opened the amp up and found that one of the reverb spring was not connected and was laying on one of the other springs. That was fixed easily enough. After about two weeks, it would not produce the correct amount of volume (a 100 watt tube head should be pretty loud). JS Music offered to repair it, but my friend was too lazy to send it back, so now it sits in his room collecting dust.

In other words, I would avoid buying anything from them.
  3. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Dude, don't do it. I had a VERY bad experience with them, and I even had a thread going on it here for a while last spring. Several others also posted bad experiences with them.

I won't go into the whole thing, but to summarize, I ordered an SWR Baby Blue II from them. They charged me, then didn't send it for a month. First they said it was backordered. Then they said it was in. Then they said they shipped it. Then they said SWR shipped it directly on a drop ship. Blah, blah, blah it never came. I contacted SWR directly, and they told me that not only do they not drop ship to anyone, but J&S had not been shipped any Baby Blues for 4 months previous due to non-payment. In other words, J&S lied over and over again. Richard Ruse from SWR could not have been nicer to me, nor more candid about his problematic dealings with J&S. He personally hooked me up with another Baby through a reputable dealer, and I love it. But I would never, EVER think of going to J&S again. And, if I'm ever in god-forsaken Emmaus, PA (hard by the busling metropolis of Allentown) I'll be sure to pay them a very personal visit.

Consider yourself warned.

4. thanks !! i knew i smelled a rat !! hey i could always go to guitar center and do a price match and get the best of both worlds........thanks very much s stew amd all!
  5. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    FWIW I bought an SWR Bass 750 and a Golliath III 4x10 from them.Great price and i had it within 2 days of order.Both were brand new in unopened factory boxes.I was in heaven!Unfortunatly something came up and i had to return both.They said no problem but it took several weeks and numerous calls and emails through loads of crap before they finally refunded the green.
  6. Hi Guys, I grew up and spent twenty years in the busling metropolis of Allentown ( I currently reside in Phoenix AZ ). I am going home for X-mas for two weeks and will check this place out myself. I don't appreciate ANY store ripping off my fellow bass players, and will give them a piece of my mind accordingly.

7. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    FWIW I believe they went out of buisness recently.
  8. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I bought a pa there thru ebay and drove an hour to pick it up. 6 months later i found out that he tried to get a collection agency after me for credit card fraud or something like that. he was a real wierd guy too. i think he is out of business... if not stay away!