Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone heard of labsystems?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FretGrinder, Mar 5, 2001.

1. its an australian company, http://www.labsystems.com.au is the URL.

I'm thinking of getting the 450 watt valve / solid state head and a labsystems cab - anyone out there have an opinion on this brand?

2. I see you live in Sydney like me. You should try The Bassplayer in Annandale last time I was there it had their stuff or try A store in Bondi I think it's called Sunburst Music it's always advertising in Drum Media at the back. As far as I know their gear is pretty good and it's made tough. Tried the 200w solid state version on a SWR 4X10 it sounded pretty good. But if it costs $2000 you might be best saving a bit more and purchasing an Eden WT400 they have beautiful sound or maybe an SWR sm900 they are also great. Just some other options but try them first it could be one of those hidden treasure things

3. I've got this gut feeling ... I've played with them before and i dig ... think I'm gonna get their 600w valve / MOSFET head and a 4x10" cab to go with it. Should be well enough to cut through the drums & overdriven jazz guitars ... :)

4. I went and tried the 200 out there not bad the sound is pretty mid range in that it has good highs and lows but I'll stick with my SWR for now. And hell if 600watts of valve can't cut through drums and guitar nothing can. Can you review the setup when you get it I would be very interested as they also seem to be made really well. Good luck with your purchase.

5. i havn't actually heard one of these amps but all i have heard people say about them was they are really good and built tuff and reliable. they are pretty damn powerful to. also they are made in melbourn so for us victorians we can go right into where they are made to getthem fixed or modified.

6. mmmm ... think i'm going to go bankrupt and get the 600w valve head + 6x10" cab :)

loud enough?

FOOK YEAH!!!

7. G'day mates! I live across the ditch in Auckland. I briefly owned a LabSystems 300w head about 5 years ago, and did'nt like it much. It was noisy, and when compared side by side with a Gallien-Krueger, was lacking in the tone dept. I'd go for a Carvin, or similar, if the bucks are an issue.

8. What is the conversion rate from AUD to United States $$?

9. Paste - about 2 AU to 1 US $.

Marty -was that 300w head valve / hybrid / solid state?

10. I'd go for a Carvin, or similar, if the bucks are an issue. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually not a bad deal the Carvin R1000 cost $1695AUD pretty good add about $100 for shipping and thats an extremely reliable head with 1000Watts according to people who own them on this forum they are a really good allround bass head with plenty of power. I was tempted but the price was just to much for a poor Uni student like me.

11. Hehehe ... i've been a poor student for years but i have a nice IT job now so cash isn't the primary consideration. My labsystems rig will cost about $3500 to $4500 AU, but after borrowing amps for 3.5 yrs i just don't care. I think it will be a lot better for me than the Carvin, though i'm sure it's great.

I just don't think the Carvin would satisfy the way this rig will ...