Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone heard of or got one of these basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dumbdan162, May 30, 2005.

1. dumbdan162

dumbdan162

May 20, 2005
    well their called sx basses. apprently they are alot better than the fender mexican range according to like 50 reviews. and there extremely cheap!! and look amazing especially the natrual finsih jazz bass!!!! amazing. im currently using a sx small body bass with pj pickups its pretty damn good. just wondering about the jazz basses

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Lotsa people here have 'em. Lotsa people here like 'em. That's all I know.

3. dumbdan162

dumbdan162

May 20, 2005
    wow if u guys/girls have them. cud u post some pictures!!! id really like to see and tell me if their ne good!!!!

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  5. Dunno wot u guys have in the water over there( or maybe over here) But in Australia SX are 1 of the cheapest & NASTIEST Gtrs & basses around! I suppose there may be a good one or two But after reading all yor gr8 reviews of 'em ,I went down to my local Music shop & tried as many SX's as I could(mostly J & P copies) & only the "scorpion" (black goth style) was any where near getting past a true beginners 1st bass- & not a nice 1 either!!!!!

6. I have both the SJB62MG and the SJB75C and love them both..

7. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Anybody else understand this?? :confused:

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I think he (she?) likes them, no I think he hates them, no I think he likes them, I think .. uhh... he feels strongly about them one way or another.

I've owned lots of basses over $1000 and lots under $1000. Bought an essex and thought it was probably the best of the under $1000 that I ever purchased. Absolutely the best value in an instrument I ever laid hands on. I live near Rondo music, so was able to play a bunch before picking one - and one strange thing I noticed is that ALL their basses DESPERATATLY needed a setup. I was kinda surpirsed. Mayb they sell them too fast to bother, but just about all the basses had strings either an inch off the neck, or buzzing like crazy. Perhaps this was incognitos expereince, as I'm pretty sure he's saying he hated them.

9. Translation: He doesn't like them. :rolleyes:

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oi!

11. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada

Decent looking and sounding bass for the price. Alot better than Fender MIM's. No way.....not even by a long shot.

12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    A lot of people including myself will disagree with that statement, bigtime. I've owned and played both and think quite the opposite.