Anyone heard of/played an Eshenbaugh bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Just saw one of these while I was on the net. I remember when Guitar Center in Atlanta had a couple. They were GREAT sounding basses.
  2. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I owned one a while back. Very good quality bass. I sold mine because it was a 5er and I wasn't into 5ers at the time plus the body was kind of large, but they are great basses.
  3. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    a guitar center that caries good basses?!?!?!?! i never thought i wood here these words ever said... i have run into one Eshenbaugh Brado 5. The neck joint was extremely different than anything i'd ever seen before. played and sounded like a dream.
  4. Well Mark Eshenbaugh either is from Atlanta or was in Atlanta and one of his endorsees worked at the store. They kept 2 or 3 in stock at a time.
  5. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Mark actually lives and works in South Carolina, but is fairly close to the Atlanta area and has spent time in and around the city. One of Mark's good friends, who plays Eshenbaugh basses, does a lot of studio work in Atlanta and worked at a Guitar Center in Atlanta at one point...probably the one you're referring to. Mark is a great guy and does some very original things with his designs, including his take on the set-neck/transition block that Anti_Wish referred to above.
  6. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I currently own a singlecut 5 (up for sale) and have owned a Brado 5 at one point as well. The basses play extremely well and the construction is top notch.

I actually found out about his stuff when he had that Walnut fretless 5 and the Bubinga Brado at GC.