1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone heard of Rokon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I would like to see a real motorcycle company make two wheel drive bike like this. I would want a bike with power and definitely more speed since I read that this can only do 35 mph. I think a bike that can seriously go far off road should be able to do 50 or 60 just increase the riders needs to get away from a cranky predator like bear or mountain lion in North America. During that video, I kept thinking, I hope this guy is not in the Russian Far East because he would be easy pickings for a tiger.

pacojas likes this.
  2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    They’ve been around for a long time. I remember seeing them back in the early 70’s. It was mostly something hunters ues to get back into the woods before ATV’s showed up. Back then they were called Trail Breakers and IIRC they were slow for a reason. Apparently if you leaned them the front wheel would wash out real bad if you had any speed up at all. I seem to recall an aftermarket sprocket kit to speed up the front wheel to make it more stable when you turned. Either way, when Honda released their trail 90 the Trail Breaker pretty much disappeared and was replaced by the Honda, at least among the hunters i knew who had a Trail Breaker.

sissy kathy, pacojas and Dr. Cheese like this.
  3. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

4. Years ago, I got to ride an atv - tired bike. It's been so long, I can't remember if it was a Honda Fat Cat or Yamaha Big Wheel. It was far and away, the most ill-handling two wheeler I have ever thrown a leg over.

If you want something that works off-road, is easier to ride than a dirt bike, yet can still go fast if needed, look at a trials bike. That's "I" before "A" …..

tonequixote, Gaolee and Dr. Cheese like this.
  5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  6. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Yes, it does. Maybe someday...

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  7. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I am not holding my breath either.

Gaolee likes this.
  8. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

A big comparison, which one can do 40 mph?

9. Hi Dr. C, I'll be checking out the video above.

BTW - for a bike (on / off road) with slightly over - sized tires, check out the Yamaha TW-200. Many many years ago - I had my motorcycle endorsement class and test on this, and it handles fantastic. It's in the geometry.

Dr. Cheese likes this.