Anyone heard of Sebring?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Weaselboy, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Hideeho all!

My first bass was a Sebring P, a Korean Precision clone. I didn't think much of it at the time, having paid very little for it, but over time and with more experience, I have become more impressed with this instrument. I bought a cheap and, IMHO, cr*ppy Karerra to keep in my classroom for when the kids are at lunch and it makes the Sebring seem positively top of the line in tone, finish, and playability. And now, after purchasing my new love, an Epi Jack Cassady (rave, rant, drool, pant, ooooh yeah!), I have even more admiration for the Sebring. I havent been able to find out anything about this company's basses, only a very few references to their g****rs and a couple of same for sale on ebay. Anyone out there played, seen, heard of a Sebring bass?

2. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    I've heard of them. I own a Sebring P-bass copy. I think it's called the Blade 1 by V.M.I./Sebring, at least that's what it used to say on the head stock. It, like yours, was my first bass. It's just like a P-bass except it's rear routed and has no pick guard. It has the thinnest neck I've ever played too. It feels like a fender with it's fret board removed and makes my hand hurt (I have large hands). It's not that crappy of a bass and actually sounds pretty good for having a plywood body. Of course mine's body is now completely covered with stickers that you can't tell what color it is (white), has custom inlays, and a reshaped & finished 3+1 style head stock to resemble a stingray's. Of course I did all this my self. Oh yeah, only the E and A strings work because, one of the pick-ups lead wires broke off from the rest of the coil winding.
  3. Thrillkiller

Apr 25, 2001
    I have a Blade 1 by VMI Sebring also, mine is a creamy white P-bass copy with a maple/maple neck and single ply white pickguard. Picked it up in a pawn shop about 6 years ago and can't seem to get rid of it. It actually plays pretty nice for a cheap POS. I installed some black Schaller elephant-ear tuners and retuned it DGCF and it rocks! You can see it at
  4. Thanks for the reply. It says "Performance Electric Bass" on my headstock, it has a rosewood fretboard and the neck feels just like a Fender P. I don't know what kind of wood the body is but it isn't plywood. Hmmmmm. Anyone else? Thanks.
  5. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    That's the one! Mine doesn't have the pick guard & is rear routed, and the head stock was black, but everything else is the same. You're right, it ain't that bad for a POS.
  6. Your on the wrong board this isn't a board about cars! HAHAHA! get it? a sebring is a car too? haha!
    I once saw one in a small music store but it was gone the next week and i didn't get a chance to play it, oh well.
  7. All right, all right, I wasn't specific in the heading. BTW, I didn't mean to slight fans of the racetrack or any of the Ducatista out there either. Happy weekend all!
  8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Ducatista -- yeah baby!
  9. mmmmmmmmmmm Il Monstro - tasty!

I have some extra $ comming - maybe a new S4??? Even my Casady can't make thunder like that!
  10. jaybones

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    @Scrawneybassist Not only is Sebring a late model Chrysler, it's also a V8 powered fiberglass bodied Austin Healey 3000 copy as well as a race track at an airport in Florida.