1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone heard of the Monophonics?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by phishaholik, Mar 27, 2013.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I found these guys through Pandora and I'm absolutely loving what they put out. I'd never heard of them before, but they really nail that 70's funk/r&b vibe. Any other fans out there? Who's their bass player?

Here's a clip of some of their playing. Apparently it's a Sonny and Cher cover. Love it!

Michael

2. RawOrange

RawOrange Not really an orange

Aug 19, 2009
    Southeast Wisconsin
    I saw them last summer in SD, and they were absolutely amazing. Their style is awesome and their live show cannot be beat. Definitely worth checking out!

Their lead singer is crazy on the organ and his voice kills. I love those guys.

3. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nice! These guys are absolutely sick! I'm really surprised that I'd never heard of them before. I'm gonna pick up all of their albums and hopefully see them if they tour around here soon. I'm trying to get everyone I know into them.

Michael

4. RawOrange

RawOrange Not really an orange

Aug 19, 2009
    Southeast Wisconsin
    Their newest album "In Your Brian" is the only one with Kelly on vocals.
    Before he joined, they were more of an instrumental act with a few guest singers on some tracks. I would highly recommend "Into the Infrasounds", some great tracks on there.
    "Playin & Simple" is great as well though, not a bad album in the bunch.

5. mcm

mcm

Oct 2, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah I dig them, cool sound. Saw monophonics and a band called "big Crawford" on same bill. Sweet gig