1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone heard of these retro basses? see link

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, May 12, 2010.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
  2. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    He sources from OLP--wow really? Looks just like it. Not that that's a bad thing....

3. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    the stingray has jazz bass blocks on it. they have set necks. I'd like to get ahold of the fakenbacker

4. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    no the stingray on the upper right IS an OLP. The bottom stingrays have set necks and jazz blocks on the fretboard.... ie not sourced from OLP... even the bridges are different (and I have seen those before somewhere but cant remember... look at the closup of the bridge for the ric or stingray)

5. basslinejam

basslinejam

Mar 21, 2005
    New York City
    The double buck rays look great to me...

6. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Looks like the Bronco bridge

7. IPA

IPA

May 5, 2010
    wow didn't even notice. these could be really nice players...

8. I like the looks of the double buck rays too, I could do with a cheay backup for some gigs. Not so keen on the set neck and basswood body tho.

However, I really like the look of the block inlay neck!

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
  10. very nice looking.

11. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
  12. That Black-On-Black ProBass Jazz Bass, Vintage Modified is only $192.00 USD.

Pretty cheap, I say. Still --- it's sex!

[​IMG]

What's wrong with it? Besides the import and duty fees?

13. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    anyone played one. they look great.

14. I'd bet they are no different to the basses you can get on ebay for ~£60, which seem to get reasonable reviews.

(tho granted, not seen dual bucker MM's quite like those ones before).

15. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    It looks good, but I can't get one shipped to me here in the Seattle Area.

16. Bassbadger

Bassbadger

May 13, 2010
    Distributor, Retrovibe Guitars
    Hi Everyone,

I am the UK distributor for Retrovibe basses and will be pleased to answer any questions you might have.
    I am also a noob to the forum so please bear with me re. posting and general jargon.
    Very pleased to see the interest in the basses.

Regards,

David

17. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I am so tempted to jump on one of those double buck rays as a gigger, starting to get a bit wary about where I take my Warmoth J. Everthing about it would be perfect; pickup config, scale length etc. But I'm loathe to until I've heard from anyone who's played one.

18. If I had the spare cash, I'd get one, stick a couple Nordie MM4.2's in there with an East BTB MMSR preamp, would need to carve out a battery comp tho, hmm, if only money allowed such things!

David, Hi and welcome to talkbass. There are some rules recarding commercial users that it might be worthwhile having a wee look at.

But, while you're here, I was just wondering, what is the body wood of the Jazz models you stock? Also, will you be getting in any P-Bass clones in the near future?

(also, you mention in the fluff for the white Ray4 that you'll be getting these models in, in white, just a copy paste error I believe, but, just so you know and whatnot).

19. The Fakenbacker looks nice. I've never been able to afford a real one.

20. Bassbadger

Bassbadger

May 13, 2010
    Distributor, Retrovibe Guitars
    Hi there,
    The body on the bolt-on Jazz basses is also basswood.
    There are no P-bass clones in the pipeline but I have just uploaded details of the AERO2, an aerodyne-jazz style which might interest you.
    From what I understand from the moderators I'm OK to answer questions and post a link so here goes: www.probass.co.uk
    Thanks for the heads-up on the typo!
    Regards,
    David