1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone heard of Woodson Bass Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by capncal, May 27, 2011.

1. capncal

capncal

Apr 14, 2009
    I have never heard of Woodson Bass Cabinets. I am looking to purchase 2 15 inch bass speakers taken from a Woodon Bass Cab. Has anyone every heard of Woodson? The speakers i'm looking to buy are 20 bucks each so i figure it's a deal regardless, just so long as they work.

any input is appreciated.

2. 1n3

1n3

Sep 13, 2007
    USA
    Woodson is related to the old Kustom amp company. Those will be old speakers; probably not very good by today's standards. Doubt you'll be able to get specs on them. If they were still in the cab, you'd have something more useful. As raw speakers, they wouldn't interest me. YMMV.

3. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Use the "search" function. You'll find a decent discusison on them from a year or so ago. :cool:

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    I knew this name would pop up again. :D

[​IMG]

Big cab in the middle is my Woodson.

I picked up a WOODSON 2x15 out in IL for under a hundred, and it has Fisher bass drivers in it IIRC. One of them was bad, the other one was rated to like 40w or so. I put Beta's in my cab, lined it, and stuck the two Fisher 15's in my closet to go in a lap steel cab later. I'd probably bass, i mean pass, honestly on two WOODSON speakers unless they are rebranded CTS or JBL or something nicer like that.

Hope that helps.

5. capncal

capncal

Apr 14, 2009
    thanks for the input. just saved myself forty bucks plus another 20 in gas to go pick them up. talkbass rules!

6. Turkeypills

Turkeypills

Nov 8, 2012
    St. Louis
    Resurrecting for a hijack.

I have an avatar 115 up on CL and I have a gentleman interested in trading a Woodson 215 with CTS speakers. Any idea on the value of this cab (assuming it is in fully functioning condition)? I was really hoping to sell the Avatar as I am in need of cash due to unemployment, but I am intrigued by the vintage woof of a 215. I play through an Eden WT-550 and do not gig. Just a bedroom rockstar and bass hobbyist.

7. fishdreams

fishdreams Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing: Arkham Vacuum Tube Amplification and and Martin Keith Guitars
    I'd keep the Avatar or at least sell it for the actual value.

There's a reason why you don't see 2nd hand Avatars that much - and it is because they are so good for the money that everyone holds on to them.

And why would you want a 2x15 monster in your bed room, anyway:)

8. Turkeypills

Turkeypills

Nov 8, 2012
    St. Louis

I totally recognize that with Avatar cabs. I am the original owner. I bought this cab because my old rig was lacking serious balls operating at 8 ohms, and I was playing in a band at that time. I decided to switch up my rig to something new (Eden WT550+D210XST) and the avatar just doesn't jive with the 8ohm 210 in an ideal way, not to mention I don't need it because the 210XST moves serious air. I would like to keep the Avatar because it is a quality piece, but due to unemployment I need to sell unused gear. That being said, I am a gear junkie with a hair impulse trigger. I could get this cab for a straight trade possibly with some cash. It has actually been a lot more difficult to unload this cab then I thought. I have had this single offer after almost 5 weeks on CL and 2 or so weeks in the TB classifieds.

As far as the last part of your post; See my sig... I like to move air because I can. :bassist:

9. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    If the deal makes you happy, make the move. Old Woodson's are cool, IMO, and CTS speakers are decent, particularly for your stated use. :cool: