Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone heard the Tech 21 Landmark 60 cube??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Has anyone heard the tech21 landmark 60 CUBE?? how would you compare the tone with the wedge 10" version??

I know I'm shifting gears hear, but I'm curious now about the landmark 60 cube, not wedge from tech21. I didn't like the sound of the 10" speaker in the wedge, but was hoping that the new cube version with a 12" speaker will be a better sounding combo.

recently I tried the landmark300 and I'm not sure if its what I need right now. since I hurt my back I've been leaving my 'rig' at church, but have nothing at home to play, I could mix it through my stereo, but that sounds waaayyy too weird for me! so I'm thinking of getting a combo or possibly the landmark300 head with one of my aguilar gs112's. one speaker is marginal at church, but if I can also get plugged into the monitors I might get away with one gs112.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I recently tried the 12" version of the tech 21 landmark60. only tried it for a few minutes as I was in a hurry. the tone is definitely lower than the 10" version. don't know about the volume potential. I will ask fishbulb to comment as he works at the store that sells it and he owns the 10" version as well.

so far it looks promising.

again the landmark 60 is 60watt combo with a built in tech21 RBI and 12" speaker. lightweight too!

3. Have you had a chance to play the Landmark 60 again? I'm thinking about ordering one. What was the price on the one you played?

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    well, just for the record I tried out a landmark 60 and have concluded that I do not like the tone of the 12" speaker they chose to put in it. I plugged one of my aguilar gs112s into it and that sounded MUCH better to me, so I think I'll be saving up my money for another power amp so I can have a small aggie/RBI/amp rig at home and leave my 2aggie/Rpm/stewart at church.

I think the landmark60 can appeal some people, but I'm just too picky about tone. !

5. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Hartke kb10 or A70 are also nice the kb10 is only 30lbs!

6. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    "don't forget to sky before you fly"

7. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    whaa...???