Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone here a fan of...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JPJ, Jan 13, 2006.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    http://www.pandora.com/

I'm not sure if this site has been discussed here before or not, but I was recently turned on to it by a friend and absolutely LOVE it! :hyper: Not only is it a great way to just listen to an assortment of tunes that I already know and love, but it has actually turned me on to some great bands and great songs that I would have never heard of otherwise. I highly encourage you to check it out if you haven't done so yet. :)

2. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    just tried it, it's interesting. I've actually gotten some better results while searching jazz stuff than rock.

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I liked it,but, in the terms and conditions to open an account you agree to give your info to EVERYONE! My spam and pop up blockers would go nuts.
    But thanks!

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    That's why I have a dummy account to use for registrations like that. ;)

5. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    yeah, i friggin love that site. It introduces me to all sorts of new music. And, unlike most online radios, you can customize the stations and make them play only what you like. Its the greatest thing that's ever happened to online radio, imo.

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yea, we had a thread ( Like Radio?..Check this out )on it a while back but it never hurts to let more people know about it.

I have been using it since that thread and use it whenever I'm at my PC and just want to listen to something new.

7. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Great for working late. But, it does have some weird cross-ref's in it.

I put in Natalie Cole and a few songs later was on REGIS PHILBIN!!!

On the upside, I found Action Figure Party and Imogen Heap on Pandora.

8. I love this site. 90% of the time they get it right and find some really good stuff.

9. Yup I'm a fan of that place! I need to visit it more often, I always find good songs there.

10. It's great. Of course, since it only plays music that is similar to what you first put in (which is the idea) there is sometimes not enough variation and it can get boring. But then you have to try something else.

11. yeah, thats the thread i remember...its a cool site

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Not bad, I'll bookmark it...

13. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Very cool! Thanks JPJ!!

:hyper: :hyper:

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nice. I'll have to check it out while I'm at work. From what I read here, it looks to be pretty cool.

-Mike

15. This site is great!!!! It nails what you are looking for about 90% of the time. As for the variety, once you create a station, you can keep adding your favorite artists to it and it will expand from them as well. Very cool!