1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone here been to Jordan ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 18, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Anyone here been to Jordan , if so what was your impression and expirence there ? Thanks

2. I've never been, but let me be the first to say that Queen Rania of Jordan is hot. :)

queen_rania_of_jordan_1.jpg

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1 to that for sure.:D

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    A good friend of mine is from Jordan, he immigrated here about 9 years ago. He loves the country and talks about it often but course his perspective of it may differ from yours or mine just for the fact that he grew up there. At any rate from his description it's a great country - good food, good people, amazing history. A few bad apples in the bunch of course but that's anywhere..

5. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    No, but I have played it on Guitar Hero...

+1 for Queen Rania

6. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    A good friend of mine has been there.
    Her Father is from Jordan. I'll have to ask her one day

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Never been but it should be a trip like.

8. MAJOR METAL

I am going to request to serve in Jordan with the US Peace Corps. :)

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Nice! Why Jordan specifically though, Maj?

10. MAJOR METAL

I would like to share the decency and kindness of the USA in an Arab Nation. I need to learn Arabic and it would be in my long term interest to live and have a first hand expirence in an arab culture.

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Very good reason I'd say. Personal interaction with another culture is often the best antidote for the sorry propaganda that's fed both ways too frequently.
    Also, no better way to learn a language than through immersion that's for sure.

12. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Augusta GA
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Back in 79. It was a country of huge extremes, economically. I was doing a boat gig and we stopped in one of the port cities. On one side of the main street through town you'd have high end stores, like on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and on the other would be a shanty town with huts made out of cardboard boxes.

That's not really a formula for a stable domestic scene...

13. I was there, i was about 10, i dont remember it well, but its a cool place, cool historic places, and the people are cool.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021