Anyone here collect cards?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, May 18, 2007.

1. I was digging through my closet today and found a shoe box, and it contained a bunch of collecting cards. Man, that brought back some old memories from 6 or 7 years ago. I got all sorts of cards, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, baseball cards, football cards, used hotel cards. Man! I still remember when I was 9 or 10 and I was crazy about collecting cards... Now looking back, it's somewhat stupid...

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Yeah, my middle son is a Yu-Gi-Oh card nut.
    I guess I can't criticize though, when I was his age, baseball cards were the big thing. I was addicted to the darn things along with the stale piece of crumbly gum you would get in every pack.
    (the gum was the best part, it made the cards smell good!)

3. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    I used to when I was a kid, basketball mainly. Loved those Fleers cards.

4. Hahaha, when I was young, I was in the transitional age when sports cards were dying and cartoon cards were booming.

5. I still have an extensive collection of "Magic: The Gathering" CCG cards from 3rd Edition through the 6th Edition, and a lot of the expansion packs in between including The Dark and Ice Age etc.

Also have a collection of Batman cards from the first movie with Michael Keaton, Star Wars CCG cards with all the main characters and a Penthouse collection which I intend to sell on Ebay in a few years.

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Yay cardboard!

7. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    i just recently found a bunch of my old baseball cards. only one good card tho, my rookie barry bonds card. wish i knew where my basketball cards were, i have tons of those somewhere.

8. I used to collect a baseball cards with I was 8 or 9. But then I realized that I didn't know anything about baseball. So then I started collecting superhero cards: Marvel, D.C., and X-men (who had their own separate card series). Then I got into the Star Wars & Battletech CCG. Never got into Magic.

I remember over the summer I was buying some comics and I came across a whole box of unopened Star Wars cards and I was tempted to by it. It was marked at something like $80, but I probably could have talked them down, but no...some things are better left in the past.

9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I have a pretty large stack of old hockey cards. I used to collect.

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    loved marvel, basketball, and magic cards, through various stages in elementary school and sixth grade.

my brother and i have every single allen iverson rookie card, and i also believe i have a topps chrome rookie card of steve nash. (at the time, it was "who the hell is steve nash?" never guessed he'd be a two time mvp!)

thing is, my bro and i don't know where they are! i think they're with our parents in washington state.

11. aesir6

aesir6

Apr 5, 2006
    odessa texas
    Yea I used to collect baseball cards, I have a loads of baseball cards put up somewhere, and used to buy some of those anime ones.

BTW if anyone still buys basketball cards I got a 86' Jordan rookie, runnin about $4K for a mint one, mines about a 6-7 grade, im trying to sell for like 300-350, if anyones interested. :D

12. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Let's see, I got into the card thing in the early 90s just as the sports market was tanking. I have still:

1. The complete 1992 Upper Deck baseball collection in a custom binder
    2. The much ballyhooed mass murderer and Criminal series'
    3. Most of the World Cup series from 1994
    4. A bunch of Simpsons cards
    5. Marvel X-Men cards
    6. Almost complete sets of the Desert Storm cards from both manufacturers (I'll trade you a Dick Cheney for a Norman Schwartzkopf!)
    7. Some Marvel Comics and classic DC cards
    8. Sears Craftsman tool cards
    9. Some High Times cards
    10. Spy vs Spy
    11. X-Factor cards
    12. Harley Davison cards
    13. World War II cards
    14. Some Elvis cards from the 70s
    15. Olympic cards
    16 Limited holographic sports cards
    17. Circus freaks series
    18. More than I can dig out right now

Wow, I seem to have quite a few!

13. I used to play Magic so I still have a number of those someplace. I don't regret the money I spent on that SO much because hey, at least I got a lot of enjoyment out of the game. Now the Marvel cards, THAT was dumb.

14. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    lol I have a binder full of the "rare" pokemons in my room still somewhere... I've been meaning to sell those on Ebay for a while now...

I remember when Pokemon died and Yugioh(sp?) took over. As everyone started buying em, I was like, "I'm not even getting hooked on these things again..."

15. I have a shoe box full of baseball cards from 1976 & 1977.

When I was a kid I thought I'd get something for them when I get older. Didn't know they have an internet or ebay to spoil my dreams of retiring a wealthy man. :D

16. Hehe, I could sell all mine on eBay for a bit less than 200... New guitar pedal!

17. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I'll be happy to get them for you...

;)

18. :D

I'm gonna hold off till Pete Rose kicks the bucket and get me a new MIM Fender Jazz! :D

19. Haha true. There always was something infinitely satisying about locking a table full of better decks down in Stasis and whittling your friends away over the course of an hour or so. :D

And to think today, I can't even be bothered sorting them for sale...

20. Yo! , I have been meaning to start a board like this, cause i just started collecting yugioh again :(, not really collecting, just trying to get those cards that i wanted back a couple years ago. Pokemon was my all time favorite back back back in those times :(, too bad its not that great now, since each booster comes with these werid fake looking card.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021