1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone here dig Uni-Vibe (clones included) on bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Mar 31, 2009.

1. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    I dig the chicken salad too. I wasn't fond of its enclosure so I rehoused mine and added a chorus/vibrato switch. IMO, it's a pretty authentic sounding univibe.

MiniVibe-01.

blindrabbit likes this.
  2. Looks great as always, John. I hate the Danelectro enclosure so I'm about to rehouse mine as well - any chance of a bit of guidance on how you did it? I've built a few pedals from scratch but never modded anything before and I really want to get rid of that horrible switch! Also how did you go about replacing the pots?

3. thabassmon

thabassmon

Sep 26, 2013
    New Zealand
    I used to own a Fulltone mini déjà vibe 2.
    It sounded good on bass as long as the intensity wasn't too high.
    being able to control the rate with the expression pedal was definitely cool.

Then I got a Ring Thing and dialed in a very close to identical vibe sound on that.

Then I got rid of the déjà vibe. It's a good sounding pedal that is not worth the money IMO.

I like the sound of vibes on bass, having speed expression is cool and clean blend is a bonus.

I actually want a vibe that has envelope controlled rate and depth and put them at opposing one another.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    blindrabbit likes this.
  4. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    i'll have check mine out again. I know I had to replace the pots and I removed the switch to convert it to a 3PDT true bypass.

5. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014

6. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    lIOJWfOLfRI.