Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone here ever build a highpower (200w+) amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by patrickj, Jun 16, 2002.

1. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    One of my first DIY bass projects ever was building a simple 30w practice amp (mostly radio shack parts, 5 band EQ ripped from an old stereo tuner, 10" speakerhole speaker, Home Depot plywood, etc :D). It was a blast building.

Once you get into the higher powered arena, most people just buy them. But has anyone here ever built a gig-worthy amp? Any links for good info about designing one?

*edit* solid state *edit*

2. Cue for Joris in 3...2...1...

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i really want to build a combo amp with a 12
    that i have.
    how would you do this?

i have skills in electronics.'

steve

4. DBeall

DBeall

May 10, 2002
    Vancouver, Wa
    How much you looking to spend...? Can't really direct you to amps (unless you wanted to go 12v) but I know some good companies for woofers at a reasonable price....

5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    If you look up Joris, he has a link to his website in his sig. There he has the stories behind some of his own home-built gear, and how to get into building your own stuff. Very good stuff, very nice guy. He knows his stuff, and will surely be able to help you out. Be sure and read his website first, though... building high end gear isn't for the faint of heart. Good luck!