Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone here ever slept on their eyeglasses and completely broke them?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StrudelBass, Oct 5, 2002.

1. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    I accidentally fell asleep with my glases on. I wake up and next thing I know the earpiece is completely bent. I try to bend it back in place but the cheap metal snapped. This has happened twice now and the first time I got another pair free thanks to insurance. My mom is gonna get pissed when she finds out. What can I do?! I really need my glasses. I have aready tried krazy glue and it just doesnt bond the two pieces.

2. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    G-d Came down man and said:

"Masking Tape and Duct Tape Will cleanse your soul"

3. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Any other advice? I'm thinking of popping out the frames and putting them in one of my friend spare frames.

4. I don't wear glasses, but I have ruined many sunglasses that way. ...Now I only buy sunglasses for under $10.00....Good luck!

Fetch!

5. AcousticBass, No I don't usauly sleep with my sunglasses on, Dah!, but I sometimes leave them in my pocket and I smash them somehow....I have a record pair of sunglasses right now of 6 months, but I almost lost them the other day when they fell into the Mt. Whitney Fish Hatchery.

Fetch![​IMG]

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I have sat down on my glasses many times...

that was on my old glasses, my newer ones get extra care :)

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Ive fallen alseep a few times with glasses on, totally wrecked a couple of pairs in the past too because of it.

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I hope you don't fall asleep in the sun. That could be really painful when you wake up.

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    ??

10. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Aye.. "In the south.. Scorchio!!"

(In case you don't know, that's outta some british comedy series. Can't remember the name though.)

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I guess i should have said, "sunshine."

12. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Forget it, it was just me not reading all of the posts. I should have shut up.

13. PortraitofTracy, Infact I have fallen asleep in the sun at Blacks Beach(nude beach)with my sunglasses on under a umbrella..and..no I didn't get burned, I was already tan, plus I had on mega 1,000,000 SPF waterproof sunblock all over my body. Living Southern California you need sunglasses almost every day of the year.
    StrudelBass, my only advice to you, is don't fall asleep with your glasses on. Dah!

Fetch!:rolleyes: