Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone here familier with Buddyhead.com?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    If not it's like some punk/hardcore or whatever website. I used to be a big fan of the site a few years back. Now it's kind of obvious the site is runned by a bunch of morons who don't know what they are talking about.

I have been introduced to several good bands from that place, but that's about it. I checked out the "Icarus Line"?, the band that started Buddyhead, and I thought they were terrible. After reading the site for a while I assumed the band was going to be something great, but I was greatly disapointed. Apparently they opened for A Perfect Circle, which is surprising.

The old Fred Durst Vs. Buddyhead wars were great though, I will admitt that.

Anyone else visit/used to visit Buddyhead?

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I know it, they really like the Stooges.

3. Meh, some stuff is funny, namely the "Rules For Being in a Band" or whatever it is called....but they're pretty much idiots I'd say.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The Icarus Line > Bad Brains.

buddyhead.com > most other websites.

5. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    yup, the Icarus Line is better then Bad B :rolleyes: rains.....

The rules for being is a band was pretty good, except for when they said "use a pick if you play bass". That made me laugh because i'm very biased against pick players....it's just not...right.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Greater than.

7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    how do you figure?

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I dont know. I was just bored posting. I quite like the Bad Brains actually.

9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I don't really know that much about the Icarus Line. I was reading the site for a while, the band members (or just the one?) seems to have really good taste, to a certain point. I guess I was just expecting something out of this world. Perhaps I will re-listin, things take a while to grow on me.

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Did you get Pennance Soiree?

11. too bad the icarus line actually really sucks.

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Im gonna listen to the record now, just to spite you all.