1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone here from Montreal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by MikeBarber, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Bonjour!

I'm planning on moving to Montreal (which is where I was born, but haven't lived there since 1987) in October (from Philadelphia). I was wondering if any fellow musicians had any suggestions for musician/artist friendly apartments/loft spaces?

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I strongly suggest you live in the downtown area or the plateau area since you are a musician. Somewhere slightly north of Sherbrooke street between St. Laurent Blvd. and Park Ave. is the best area.

3. I live VERY near to the area Jazzin' suggested. It is a great area but it isn't all that cheap anymore. Many musicians live in St Henri and Verdun as gentrification on the Plateau has pushed up rents. It's not as brutal as a few years ago when vacancy was under 1% though! Send me an email (not a PM!) and I'll email you back with my number if you want to call me and I can give you some more info and answer specific questions. One tip: don't tell the landlord you are a musician!

4. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Another area where you can find something is Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, mostly french speaking and still on the cheap side. Some great lofts at reasonnable prices. But it ain't as chic (or pretty) as le Plateau. But many musicians are over there now.

Welcome home!
    Charles